Thursday 21 April 2011

Task 3 Image of Choice

For the third task, we were allowed to take a photograph of our choice within any type of genre. I have always enjoyed taking photographs of landscapes and interesting buildings, which was only heightened by my recent trips to Yorkshire and Devon. As I had taken many photos within the cities of London and York, as well as the countryside in Devon, I decided to try a new location with a whole different atmosphere to it, which is why I decided to take advantage of the bright and sunny weather and head off to Worthing Beach! Below are some photographs that I personally really like. I feel that they make the coast look extremely peaceful, especially the first two images. I have increased the contrast within most of the photos so that the colours really stand out well. I feel it works particularly well for the fifth image as the green of the seaweed works really nicely with the blues of the sea and sky.

(Aperture: f/9, Shutter speed: 1/320sec, ISO: 200)

(Aperture: f/13, Shutter speed: 1/320sec, ISO: 200)

(Aperture: f/13, Shutter speed: 1/200sec, ISO: 200)

(Aperture: f/11, Shutter speed: 1/250sec, ISO: 200)

(Aperture: f/7.1, Shutter speed: 1/640sec, ISO: 200)

(Aperture: f/9, Shutter speed: 1/1250sec, ISO: 200)

I was quite fascinated by these wooden planks that ran all the way along Worthing Beach. I'm not quite sure as to why they are there but I really found it quite interesting how the run from the top of the beach and end up disappearing into the water.

(Aperture: f/8, Shutter speed: 1/1000sec, ISO: 200)

No comments:

Post a Comment