Thursday 14 April 2011

London

For the second task, we are asked to take surreal photographs which is where I hope to turn the face of Big Ben into a digital clock rather than an analogue. I wanted it to be at night so that the neon LED screen would light up the city, which is why I decided to visit central London at around 8.30 in the evening when the sun was just setting. Whilst waiting for it to get dark, I took other photos around the area. Below are some that I feel were quite interesting:

(Aperture: f/4.5, Shutter Speed: 1/10 sec, ISO: 1600)

(Aperture: f/4, Shutter Speed: 1/15 sec, ISO: 1600)

(Aperture: f/4.5, Shutter Speed: 1/20 sec, ISO: 1600)

I then began taking photos of Big Ben and the surrounding area. I did not want to focus on just Big Ben but also the Thames and maybe even The Eye as well just so that when I do change the clock face, I don't want it to look too obvious. I want people to not notice it at first and then be surprised when they did not even realise it had changed! Below are some of the photos that I had taken and am considering using:


(Aperture: f/3.5, Shutter Speed: 1/15 sec, ISO: 1600)

(Aperture: f/3.5, Shutter Speed: 1/20 sec, ISO: 1600)

(Aperture: f/4.5, Shutter Speed: 1/6 sec, ISO: 1600)

These photos above were taken at around 9.30pm yet surprisingly, a photograph that I took by chance when I first arrived at around 8pm actually turned out to be quite successful.

(Aperture: f/5.6, Shutter Speed: 1/15 sec, ISO: 1600)

I really like the light blue with the deep contrasting oranges and yellows. The glowing lights are also quite soft and make London appear to be quite peaceful and quiet for a change. I enhanced the contrast slightly to really bring out the colours, and feel that I will definitely use this picture in post production.

No comments:

Post a Comment