Monday 4 April 2011

The Brief Continued

The second part of the assignment is to take an image and make it surreal. This part of the assignment is where I feel you can be most imaginative with your ideas and make anything possible (depending on how good your Photoshop skills are!). With this particular task, I felt it was something you just cannot rush into which is why I brainstormed a few ideas beforehand.
I came up with three ideas in particular which I thought were quite simple yet extremely effective.

1. The River Thames spiralling down a plug hole. This would require extremely good Photoshop skills which is something I do not have at the moment to achieve this image yet I felt it would have been quite an interesting picture.

2. The zebra crossing outside the Abbey Road Studios transformed into a bar code, as if to suggest it was up for sale. This would be quite a humorous image and feel it would cause quite some controversy as it is such a famous landmark for North West London.

My final idea was one that I feel was most interesting as, although would probably never happen, it is quite thought provoking to see what London would actually look in the future. It was to make the face of the Big Ben clock digital rather than analogue, and I feel I have the skills to make this look realistic and believable. I therefore recently went into central London and took some photos from angles I thought it might look most interesting from.

(Shutter Speed: 1/160 second, F stop: f-8, ISO: 64)

I quite like this angle as it looks quite natural and not focused directly on Big Ben. This means that when the face on the clock changes, hopefully it might take the viewer a bit longer to notice what exactly is different and when they do realise, it will be far more of a surprise. I would also like to take this photograph at night so that the digital face on the clock really stands out and illuminates to surrounding area. 



No comments:

Post a Comment